Freitag, 22. Juni 2012

Small Small Small-Talk


Zeit fürs Frühstück.
Ich will mir am Straßenrand Watse (Bohnen mit Reis) holen,
werde von einem daneben sitzenden und bereits essenden Mann höflicherweise zum Essen eingeladen.

You are invited.
Akpe kakaka.
Ah! You are hearing our dialect!
Small, small.
Oh, you are trying.
Akpe kakaka.
Akpe kakaka! That means: Thank you very much! What is your name?
I’m Melanie. And you?
Me, my name is also Kofi.
Ah Kofi? Friday born! So, I’m Akua!
Akua! Ihhhhh! Wennesday born! So you are my mother!
Okay, I am your mother. That means that I am muuuuuuch older than you.
Ai! Akua, Akua, your movement is goodooo. Where from you?
From Hohoe.
No! I mean… Which country?
From Germany.
Ah German! Bayern Munich! Which part? Cologne? Frankfurt?
I come from the Eastern part, Leipzig.
Me, I don’t know this place. I have a brother at this place, this Frankfurt.
Kwa!
Can you take me to your country?
Sure, I just put you in my bag and then I take you there!
Ai! Akua, Akua, I want to marry you.
You can’t marry me, I’m your mother. Sorryooo!
You said?
I’m Akua, your mother!
Ah! Akua, Akua, my mother, my mother.

Ein anderer Mann mischt sich ein.

Hey small girl, wa! Wa! You can marry me!

Die Watse-Verkäuferin schlägt ihn daraufhin mit der Kelle.

Don’t mind this man. He is foolish! What do you buy?
I buy Watse for 5000, Makroni for 2000 and Cabbage for 3000.
Then you give me one Ghana. Shall I add hot Peppe?
Yes, please.
Ah! How? It’s tooooo hot for you, it will spoil your stomach. It is paining you.
Don’t worryooo, I looooove it!
Is that so? Can you take Ghanaian food?
Ahaaa! I looooove your food toooo much. Can’t you see that I’m growing bigger and bigger every day?
We thank God for it! Can you also take thisting. Fufu?
Sure, sure, definitely, I looooove Fufu. And Granat Soup. And Banku. And Redred.
You have to learn how to prepare it and then you will show African food to your people.
Yes! When I’m back at my place I will continue eating with my hands. But it’s difficult to prepare Fufu at my place.We don’t have cassava and plantain over there.
Ah! No plantain? But you have palm trees at your place?
No, we even don’t have palm trees. It is toooo cold for them to grow.
But rice is growing?
No… Even rice is not growing. We have to buy it from other countries.
Ah! Why? No cassava. No plantain. No palm trees. No rice. What is growing then at your place?
Ähm… Makaroni?
Ai Akua! Then I don’t want to go to your country. I stay in Ghana. How do you see Ghana? How do you enjoy the environment?
I really like it. It’s such a peaceful country and…
Yes! Ghana is a peaceful country! You see, Africa is badooo. This Nigeria people, they are badooo. Booom Booom Booom all the time. Tss Tss Tss! But Ghana is a peaceful country. We Ghanaians, we are free. Ghana – FREE!
This is how I feel it. Even you, you did not know me but you invited me to eat with you.
Ahaaa! This is Ghana! You see, in Ghana we see everyone as our sister and brother.
If you are black or white or blue or pink. Same people – different colours.
It’s true, it’s true. Ghana – FREE!
But now I obtain permission to leave. I have to go to my office. I am selling phones over there. So anytime you pass, you ask for your son Kofi!
Yes Kofi, we shall meet! Enjoy your day!
Give me your contacts, I will flash you.

Handynummeraustausch.

Byebyeooo!

1 Kommentar:

  1. Hallo liebe Melanie,

    du fliegst vielleicht schon.
    Ich fand diesen Beitrag köstlich und ich hab mir das richtig bildlich vorgestellt. Kofi konnt ich auch schon übersetzen.
    Also stimmt es doch, wir freuen uns riesig auf EUCH.
    dein Tantchen

    AntwortenLöschen

Möchtest du etwas flüstern?